GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS TO KAS SNIPPETS
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
What is KasSnippets?
KasSnippets is our monthly newsletter intended to keep readers informed of what is happening at Knit-a-Square and throughout the KAScommunity.
Who reads KasSnippets?
We hope that all Forum members and possibly non members read our newsletter. In short, KasSnippets is available to readers from all over the world from many varied backgrounds and cultures.
Why Invite Guest Writers?
It doesn't matter where you live in our great big world, if you are helping to create warmth for the children in South Africa, you are a valued member of our KAScommunity. Since KasSnippets is our community newsletter, we would like to give everyone an opportunity to contribute.
KasSnippets is a perfect platform for anyone who would like to try a hand at writing a one-time blog, share a good idea, inform us of something wonderful, make us giggle, or share a good news item.
If you would like to be a Guest Writer, please remember these few things:
- Keep your piece around 300 words. Remember we are a “snippet”.
- Always be respectful, upbeat, and positive.
- Don’t share personal views on politics or religion.
- Remember to consider how others will perceive what you write.
IDEAS FOR ARTICLES:
- History of the Square Circle Forum
- Insights into the beauty of your part of the world
- A poem or something humourous.
- Something factual such as success stories of a SA child who made it out of the informal settlements and built a life
- An informative piece on JAM,
- Profile someone you know who is "giving back" by serving in Africa or in their own community.
- There are many good news stories ... you aren't limited to things KAS-focussed.
If you need to lay down your needles and hooks for a bit, perhaps you will "pick up a pen" and share your writing talents with us. We would love to hear from you.
Submissions may be made by Private Message to either
Gloria Grandy or Valerie Zalewski.
ALL SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED WILL BE READ AND ASSESSED BY OUR EDITORIAL PANEL.
IF YOUR PIECE IS ACCEPTED FOR INCLUSION IN KAS SNIPPETS, WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN TO WATCH FOR IT.